Monday, February 27, 2017

Author Visit - Kristy Dempsey

On Friday, February 24, we welcomed author Kristy Dempsey to Oakland.  She spoke with each grade level and helped us kick off our celebration of Read Across America Week.  Here is more information on Kristy Dempsey: 
 I am a children's author and a K-12 librarian at the American School of Belo Horizonte in Brazil. However, I will be living in Greenville County for the 2016-2017 school year giving me the opportunity to do more author visits in the US than in a normal school year. (I am originally from SC and am a graduate of Travelers Rest High School and Furman University.)

 My most recent book is the award winning A DANCE LIKE STARLIGHT, and I will have four more books published in 2016, including SUPERHERO INSTRUCTION MANUAL. My books are appropriate for preschool through elementary ages. My workshops and presentations can be adapted for each grade level. Be sure to check out my website as well for additional information: www.kristydempsey.com






No comments:

Post a Comment